This updated edition of Painless Evidence-Based Medicine presents basic concepts and application of research statistics in simple and practical manner creating an introductory approach to the complex and technical subject of evidence-based medicine from experienced teachers.
- A simplified introductory approach to the complex and technical subject of evidence-based medicine from experienced teachers
- Approaches learning from the vantage point of clinical questions on therapy, diagnosis, prognosis or harm rather than the framework of study designs
- Provides tables and boxed case studies throughout highlighting key topics, or difficult issues, in an easy to read manner
- Emphasizes applicability of EBM, encouraging readers to dissect the evidence and how results can be applied to individual patients with different circumstances, varying values and preferences
- New to the Second Edition are chapters on health screening, clinical practice guidelines, and major updates incorporating recommended trial criteria