The leading physiology book on the market, this bestselling title in the Board Review Series offers a concise, highly efficient review of all essential physiology concepts covered in the first and second year of medical school, as well as more than 350 clinical vignette-style multiple-choice questions to help students prepare for course exams and practice for the USMLE Step 1. Abundant illustrations, flow charts, and tables facilitate study. An interactive question bank on thePoint uses the same chapter and comprehensive exam questions from the book to provide interactive exam practice online.
Students will appreciate the book’s comprehensive, yet efficient assistance in preparing for course exams as well as the USMLE Step 1.
Instructors will welcome the masterful educational approach of Linda S. Costanzo, PhD, who excels in communicating complex physiology concepts in an accessible manner. A comprehensive image bank on thePoint makes preparing lecture slides a snap.
- A concise outline format and bolded key termsenable efficient review and exam preparation.
- Discussions of clinical disorders, integrated throughout the text, correlate physiology concepts to the practice of medicine.
- Chapter overviews and summariesoffer a quick introduction and review of key topics and information, to maximize study time.
- More than 350 multiple-choice questions and answers, many of them new and revised, help students prepare for course and board exams. These include many new multi-part questions that challenge students’ decision-making skills.
- Detailed answers and explanationsfor every question, cross-referenced back to the text, allow students to remediate weak areas of knowledge.
- New appendicesallow for an efficient review ofKey Physiology Topics for USMLE Step I,Key Physiology Equations for USMLE Step I, andNormal Blood Values.
- 130 outstanding full-color figures and flow diagramsand50 tables,many of them new, allow for efficient assimilation of complex information, and are included in the instructor Image Bank on ThePoint.
- Significant updates throughoutpresent the latest physiology knowledge, including expanded coverage of cellular, respiratory, renal, gastrointestinal, and endocrine physiology.